Friday, February 1, 2019

Photo Shoot Day!!!

OH MY GOODNESS! What an incredible day I had on the photo shoot with Shelby Andal Photography. It's always fun to work together. I wasn't sure what to expect with our January session, but it went better than I could have ever imagined. Shelby was on point! Her vision was great, and she has this bubbly personality that just makes people respond to her. Our models were PHENOMENAL, and such a joy to be around. They were so excited to be there, and their personalities meshed so well together. I think it really shows in the photos.

Towards end of last year I meet up with Shelby for lunch. During the visit we got into a discussion of projects for the new year. Shelby is such a creative person, and is always growing and evolving her photography business. I'm in awe of her talent. While on the subject I told her of my vintage pattern project, and she was IN. Shelby put out an official model call on her blog and social media accounts, and the response was overwhelming in the best way. We knew then that we were in for an adventure Over the next few months we talked ideas for my patterns and vision for her photography sessions. We planned a specific look for each month some involving themes, some just based on the color of the garments.

For January my main colors were burgundy and brown. I knew that since this was our "trial run" we would focus on color more that any sort of theme. We sat down and went through all our applicants and choose three ladies that we thought would look great together an fit the dresses the best. Rheanne, April, and Pamela were the perfect models for my dresses. It was like the dresses were tailor made for their shapes. I went in to the fitting fully prepared to need adjustments, but it all look so great on them. The best part was when one would walk out and we just knew that THAT dress was meant for her. To go along with the dresses I supplied them with vintage jewelry from my personal collection and some of my favorite shoes. I also did the hair and make up. Shelby chose an almond colored backdrop, worked her magic, and it all came together beautifully.


Photo credit: Shelby Andal Photography


Rheanne in the Plaid Flannel Dress and Pinstriped Jacket


Pamela KILLING it in that hat

April and the sass

So much FUN with these ladies!

April In the Dachshund Dress

Stunning 

One of my favorite shots 

Pamela in the Floral Corduroy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

March Vintage Pattern Project

March was so much fun. We had such a great group of ladies this time, and Shelby really knows how to bring out the best in everyone. I had a...