Monday, April 1, 2019

Week 10 THE CLOAK!!!

Oh My GOODNESS! I'm in love with this cloak. It is probably the most favorite thing I have ever made. Not just in this project, but of all the things I have EVER sewn. It turned out beautifully. If you ever come across this pattern GET IT. I Just love it so much.

Week 10 is McCall's 9550 size 9 bust 32 from 1968. Even though the pattern is sized at a 9, (which is the equivalent of a modern size xxs) I think it will fit up to a modern size med. The issue is the shoulder span, but other than that it's forgiving.  I sewed my to the size pattern listed, but this is one of those patterns that adjusting and sizing up or down would be incredibly easy to do. The only spot that the fit actually matters is in the shoulders. For the fabric I went with a cherry red wool blend coating that I ordered off fabric.com for the outer shell, and black and white gingham cotton for the lining.
pattern and outer shell fabric
I cut the pattern according to the instructions, but I added the liner because I liked having the contrasting colors. This pattern was so easy to make, but it called for a lot of fabric. I used 3 yards of the red and 3 yards of the gingham. As far as the assembling goes this couldn't be more straight forward. It was so easy to put together, even with my alterations. and the finished product turned out so great. I plan on making this again in other colors, cause its just too cute.
I love the bright cherry so much
view of contrasting fabric 






No comments:

Post a Comment

March Vintage Pattern Project

March was so much fun. We had such a great group of ladies this time, and Shelby really knows how to bring out the best in everyone. I had a...