Friday, February 22, 2019

Week 8 Pink and Purple Flowers

For week 8 I wanted to do one of my patterns that is more size inclusive. Simplicity 8889 from 1970 size 24 1/2 bust 47 fits like a modern women's  2x. I love this pattern. I got this at Goodwill so long ago. It even still has the sticker on the front. Its a great basic princess dress, and would look good in a variety of different fabrics. I chose to work with crape back satin in fuchsia pink with purple and white flowers. I love bold prints, and I find that a lot of "plus sized" dresses shy away from them. So when I decide on this pattern I knew I wanted something colorful and fun.
View 1 in pink
For this dress I did a few alterations to it. I knew the girl that would be modeling this one this month. She is fun and I knew she wouldn't shy away from a bold dress. I made the dress according to the pattern, and then altered it to fit her body. This meant taking it in about 4 inches to get the best fit.  I followed the directions as they were printed with the exception of changing the lining to encompass more of the bodice area. I also altered the sleeves to be 3/4" length because it was more flattering on.
Lining on the front of dress
I have to say that this dress pattern is great for if you want to make one quickly. It only takes a few hours to finish, and depending on the fabric you chose could be anything from a simple day dress to fun party dress. If you ever come across this one I recommend adding it to your collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

March Vintage Pattern Project

March was so much fun. We had such a great group of ladies this time, and Shelby really knows how to bring out the best in everyone. I had a...