Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Week 6 Sequins

This Pattern! It has to be one of my absolute favorite. Simplicity 8534 from 1969 size 12 bust 34 fits like a modern size medium. It was such a simple pattern to follow and it looked so good when it was all finished. I found the instructions to be clear and concise. The pattern is labeled as a "designer fashion" has 4 main pattern pieces, 3 lining pieces, and POCKETS! I love pockets in a dress . They make it so much more appealing. I made this dress using 1/2 a yard of crape back satin in black and a remnant of black sequin material.

Because I used a sheer embellished fabric, (and I like to make my life harder) I needed to fully line the dress. I used a yard of black dressing lining and cut all the main pattern pieces out of it. I cut the front panel and skirt back from the sequin, and the front side and back panels from the satin. I was basically making two complete dresses and joining them together at the neck, sleeves and the back seam. I started by sewing up the outside shell of the dress. I attached the front panel/skirt to the side panels, and then gathering the skirt back, stitched to the back upper panels. I left the sides and back open to make attaching the liner easier. Next, I sewed the lining the same way, and with right sides together I attached them at the neck and arms. I then pulled it right side out, and sewing up the sides. I attached the zipper, sewed up the back, and hemmed the dress. 

I'm a big fan of this pattern. It is easy, quick to sew, and turns out exactly like its pictured. While i don't think it its versatile enough to use just any fabric, with the right one it makes a great party dress.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

March Vintage Pattern Project

March was so much fun. We had such a great group of ladies this time, and Shelby really knows how to bring out the best in everyone. I had a...